Part of Hamilton Winterfest is about getting outside in February and embracing the winter season, and what better setting to do that than the Arboretum at Royal Botanical Gardens.
Filled with an incredible collection of trees and trails, the Nature Interpretive Centre, and the Anishinaabe Waadiziwin (a trail of plants used by Indigenous peoples of the region), the Arboretum provides an incredible home for a winter recreation event.
On February 10, the Arboretum will be transformed into a full-day family experience aimed to get your heart pumping. Two timed admission sessions from 10am to 5pm will attract up to 1000 visitors from across Hamilton & Burlington to a new winter tradition.
- 12 obstacles designed for ages 6 and up
- A mini course designed for ages 6 and under
- The Rogers Winteractive – Air Hockey Tournament
- Live music under the pavillion
- Hot food and drinks, maple syrup taffy
- Custom Fire Pit
- Arts & Crafts by Culture for Kids in the Arts
- Storytelling by the Hamilton Public Library
- Pop-up Public Art